Friday, October 29, 2010

MULTI-TASKING FOR THE ENVIRONMENT!

For those who have been interested enough to read my personal Profile will have noted that I was for a time involved in Waste Management enforcement, firstly with Dorset County Council and then the Environment Agency until my ultimate retirement in 1997.
  One of my team's responsibilities was to monitor and enforce proper Waste Disposal (including of illegal fly-tipping) within Dorset, and then part of Wiltshire - which resulted in several successful prosecutions.
  On my recent frequent perambulations around the parish of Purse Caundle I have kept an eye open for any illicit fly-tipping. Dumped in woodland next to a lay-by in Goathill Road, (west of Tripps Farm) one day I saw several black plastic bags containing what felt like mixed household and kitchen wastes. From experience I suspected that included would be evidence of the address from whence it had come. I therefore passed on details of my findings to West Dorset District Council (WDDC), together with a map reference; which were in turn passed-on to the relevant Enforcemnt Officer.
  On passing that same spot a couple of weeks later I noticed that the bags were still there, with the addition of a small  motor-cycle size wheel. I took a photograph, which was in turn sent with a reminder to WDDC. A week later I noticed that all the above wastes had thankfully been been removed. To date no report of any relevant court action has been  seen in our local daily newspaper; nor any follow-up received from WDDC.
  Who said that men cannot multi-task?????????????????

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home